Tooling Technician IV / LPC-S
With more than 120 operations and about 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 120 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
Principal Area of Responsibility:
The Tooling Technician is responsible for performing in all phases of assigned design/build projects, expediting the flow of components and materials for all projects, and managing the document control process for the implementation of new and reworked tools and fixtures.
Interacts with these departments:
Tooling/Fixture Engineers, Product Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Safety, Operation Teams, and other departments relevant to the assigned tasks.
• Coordinates with Tool/Fixture Manager, Fixture Engineers and Safety Team to understand timetables for projects and their associated materials TWA’s and PO’s.
• Monitors and expedites all parts and components called out on the TWA in support of Tool/Fixture Engineering projects.
• Manages smaller, less complex design/build projects, driving them to successful completion on-time and within budget.
• Manages and documents engineering design changes throughout the life of the project to ensure the integrity of the revision control process
• Maintains TWA database to include updated files in accordance with established procedures.
• Uploads photos into photo template and into DocuShare on a regular basis.
• Pulls standard designs to be applied to new projects and supplies data to Fixture Engineers and or Safety per direction from the Tool/Fixture Manager. Assigns appropriate fixture numbers for the newly designed fixtures based on Engineering Department Standards.
• Serves as point of contact and liaison with Operations, Engineering and Safety for project and materials questions.
• Assists in the development, implementation, and hand off to teams operating instructions for new fixtures and manipulators. This will include operation and maintenance of said fixtures and manipulators.
• May participate in design review meetings on any number of small or larger projects.
• May engage in the procurement of parts and components in support of engineering projects
• May oversee 3D printing setup and operation.
- 5+ years of prior technical and relevant experience.
- 2-3 years of SolidWorks and use of the software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Microsoft Project.
- Background coordinating projects in an engineering/manufacturing context.
- Good understanding of mechanical parts, components, and a working knowledge of the ordering process.
- Experience with a document control process in an engineering environment.
- Good English communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent organization and time management skills. Solid math skills.
• Some engineering design experience using of NX
Critical Success Factors:
• Attention to Detail- Scrutinizes all aspects of a project to ensure it is done right the first time
• Communication- Delivers clear, effective oral and written communication
• Customer Service- Takes personal responsibility for promptly and satisfactorily resolving customer issue
• Judgement- Balances needs and desires with available resources and constraints
• Engagement- Exhibits a focused, energized and fully involved approach to the work
• Planning- Identifies and prioritizes steps and resources required to achieve a desired outcome
• Reliability- Demonstrates a high level of consistency and dependability in all aspects of the job
• Self-Directed- Performs work without prompting and with minimal supervision
• Time Management- Prioritizes and schedules tasks to maximize efficiency and productivity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.