Finishing Operator - Mentor, OH
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
At PCC Mentor, we believe that access to reliable power and freedom of travel are essential rights for all. We live our values by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use in industrial gas turbine and aerospace engines. Our highly skilled team members make our vision a reality.
The products that we manufacture can be found in over 180 countries and is responsible for generating 1/3rd of the world’s electricity needs! Simply put, the PCC Mentor team makes power, possible.
As the world’s need for power and aerospace technology continues to grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our vision. If you are looking for an opportunity to help power the world, a career at PCC Mentor may be right for you.
- Passionately works in a safe manner by following all safety rules, and providing recommendations to help make PCC a safe work environment.
- Achieves team production goals by working to meet all operational and quality standards to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Uses a Dynafile to grind metal parts to meet required specifications.
- Operates sand and water blasting cabinets to ensure a quality surface finish on parts.
- Visually inspects castings and uses measuring equipment to verify our parts meet our customer’s specifications.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, and may be substituted by manufacturing experience.
- One year of manufacturing experience preferred. Previous experience in the casting industry is a plus.
- Ability to bring your best self every day to safely meet and exceed production and quality standards
- Ability to thrive in an environment where business and team needs may change to help "Make the Day"
- Shop Math: Understanding of basic math calculations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform duties in working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes, multiple physical positions and other elements for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
This requisition is closed to applications.