With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The role of an Inspector involves meticulous inspection of forgings and tooling to ensure dimensional precision and identify surface defects. The employee will perform a range of duties, including measuring product dimensions, visually examining castings for imperfections, segregating defective parts, certifying measuring instruments, conducting process inspections, applying serialization, and employing various inspection tools and methods.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Measures product dimensions within specified tolerances.
- Conducts visual examinations of castings to identify defects like cracks and un-fills.
- Segregates defective parts for disposition under Material Review Board (MRB) processes.
- Certifies all measuring instruments prior to inspection use.
- Conducts process inspections within the machine shop.
- Applies and verifies serialization utilizing Hilti Gas Powered stamping guns.
- Conducts inspections using profile gauges and standard hand tools such as vernier calipers, height gauges, and stiff jaw calipers.
- Proficient in reading, interpreting, and comprehending blueprints.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The duties listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The successful applicant must be willing to work shift work and various shifts.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, will be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.