Maintenance Electrician (1st Shift) - PB
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Electrician: There is only one level of electrician, but they are to be certified and able to complete tasks from low voltage, i.e. wiring a wall outlet to high voltage, i.e. wiring an 800 amp machine connection. Expected to work without supervision, demonstrating an ability to read blue prints, and perform work in line with electrical building codes. Provides specific responsibility for identifying repair/replacement needs; installing, repairing and upgrading electrical system and equipment/ typically requires machine shop experience working with machines and their specific electrical needs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Diagnose malfunctioning system, apparatus and components using test equipment to locate cause of electrical breakdown
- Inspect electrical system, equipment, components to identify hazards, defects and need for adjustment or repair and ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operations could be hazardous
- Test electrical system and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such ohmmers, voltmeters, oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors
- Change, repair and troubleshoot electrical lighting issues
- Informs personnel regarding procedures or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action complying with appropriate code.
- Install electrical system components (lighting, alarms, electrical panels, circuits, timers etc.)
- Monitors the electrical work of outside contractors
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours involving electrical system
- Perform general housekeeping duties
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- The ability to read and write English.
- A high level knowledge of electrical code and wiring system
- Methods, techniques, in electrical installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of system and subsystem
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints
- Ability to use proper tools and PPE for the job
- Specific ability to satisfactorily perform functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with contractors and internal costumers, work as part of the team, and compliance with OSHA/NFPA/NEC regulations.
- Job related experience is required
- 5-10 years of experience
Level of Education:
- GED or High School diploma preferred
- Licensing Required
This requisition is closed to applications.