With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Level one is an entry level assembly mechanic position requiring significant supervision to perform a variety of entry level assembly tasks. These tasks require basic competencies in determining the right tool for the job, reading technical documents, prints and work instructions, using templates, jigs and fixtures to execute minor part-fitting operations such as filing, sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, mixing and using two part sealants and epoxy, riveting, installing freeze fit bushings, drilling, as well as reaming and counter sinking close tolerance holes. In addition, level one assembly mechanics will use basic hand held measuring tools such as scales, micrometers and calipers to verify part dimensions. Typically 0-1 years of experience required with evidence of strong mechanical aptitude.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- With direct supervision perform a verity of basic assembly tasks such as loading assembly components on fixtures and jigs before clamping, drilling, adhering and fastening components.
- Perform basic inspection operations to insure component alignment, clearance, cleanliness and fastening.
- Maintain area organization and cleanliness through-out shift.
- The ability to use basic hand tools as well as basic assembly tools such as clamps, rivet guns, countersinks and drills.
- The ability to use basic inspection tools such as scales, micrometers, calipers and feeler gauges to complete required inspection procedures.
- This position requires basic experience working with mechanical processes and methods such as hand tools, and light equipment such as drills and pneumatic tools.
- 0-1 years of experience
Level of Education:
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.
- Sitting: 90% of the time
- Standing: 5% of the time
- Walking: 5% of the time
- Lifting or Carrying: Max 35lbs