ThreadRoll Operator (Mechanical Talent $21/hr- $29/hr) - Cherry
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Level two thread/form roll operators work under minimal supervision to operate and perform basic setups of thread/form roll machines such as feeding systems on Warren, Waterbury, EWM, Roy, Hartford, platforms. Basic familiarity with thread/form roll tooling. This role requires intermediate competencies in print reading and inspection processes, as well as basic trouble shooting. 1-2 Years
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
- Adheres to quality processes including in-process inspection to ensure compliance with quality specifications.
- Correctly interpret work orders
- Lift up to 45lbs
- Basic machine setups
- Full in process inspection
- Work in a team environment, i.e. follow instructions and assist others as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- The ability to read and write English.
- Intermediate print reading & inspection processes
- The ability to use intermediate inspection tools such micrometers, calipers, comparators
- Basic familiarity of thread roll tooling & equipment
- Basic knowledge of material
Experience & Education
- Typically 1-2 Years of Experience
- GED or High school diploma preferred but not required.