With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Located in Kent Washington, Protective Coatings Inc. is a leading provider of full service finishing for the aerospace, electronics and medical industries in both commercial and defense applications. Services include but are not limited to non-destructive testing such as fluorescent penetrant and magnetic particle inspection and a wide variety of surface enhancement processes such as shot peening and abrasive blasting, passivation, cadmium and nickel zinc plating, chromic, sulfuric and boric sulfuric acid anodizing and the application of chromate conversion coating on ferrous and non-ferrous alloys. Organic coating includes the application and testing of multiple resin systems such as epoxies, phenolics, polyurethanes, polyesters, elastomerics, intumescents, lacquers, alkyds, acrylics, dry-film lubricants, powder coatings and Teflon. Current approvals include the National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program, (NADCAP), Boeing Commercial Aircraft Company, Boeing Defense and Space, Boeing/Philadelphia, Boeing Long Beach, Grumman, Gulfstream, Lockheed Martin, Goodrich, Bombardier, Cessna and Sikorsky among much else.
Founded in 1976, Protective Coatings Inc. was later acquired by Precision Castparts in 2012, and became part of the Aerostructures Division. As a defense contractor Protective Coatings Inc. is registered with the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls as a subsidiary of Precision Castparts Corp and is fully compliant with all relevant facets of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and the Export Administration Regulations.
Selected candidates for the Quality Engineer position will perform tasks that support both Quality and Production operations. A Quality Engineer will be expected to perform a variety of functions which include but are not limited to participating in the analysis and approval of proposed processes, maintaining current process accuracy, and proposing and disseminating preventive/corrective action to departments as needed. Quality Engineers will also participate in process revision analysis and approval as well as product discrepancy documentation and will maintain communications with various customers associated with the implementation of internal/customer driven corrective action. Candidates must have the ability and desire to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced production environment, be resourceful and innovative along with presenting a strong business ethic and compliance to leadership and company policies, and a good communicator with the ability to represent the company in a positive manner. Other responsibilities will include maintaining a clean and organized work area, as well as adherence to organization safety rules and regulations. In order to comply with the facility’s International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or Export Administration Regulations, candidates may be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, Legal Permanent Residence or protected status as a Non-Citizen National of the U.S.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support activities related to AS9100C/D
- Lead Corrective Action Process (5 Why, 8D etc.)
- Conduct Internal Auditing (QMS and Process)
- Lead External Audit (Prime, Customer and regulatory)
- Control of Monitoring and Measuring Equipment
- Responsible for Metrics Management
- Communicate with shop inspection and operations personnel on established frequency the performance of quality objectives and day to day improvement opportunities
- Support quality department personnel in individual development and training needs
- Understanding of facility documentation retentions policies
- Lead and participate in problem solving initiatives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Excel with intermediate skills in other Microsoft Office products.
- Team player with a proactive, positive attitude and a strong sense of self-motivation, accountability, and responsibility.
- Ability to quickly understand concepts and think through possible solutions and implications.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities using strong organization and prioritization skills.
- High degree of integrity while working with confidential information discreetly and appropriately.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an emphasis on attention to detail balanced with a big picture focus.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret quality and specification data with an understanding of company policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to work independently to prioritize and accomplish daily tasks.
- Familiarity with aerospace manufacturing / processing environment preferred.
1+ years of progressive quality engineering experience
Level of Education
4-year degree in Business Administration or Manufacturing Engineering preferred