Investing Utility Aide (Redmond, OR)
** Competitive Pay, Quarterly Bonus & Advancement Opportunities! **
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Competitive Starting Pay & Amazing Bonus Program
- Regular Performance Reviews
- No experience necessary, all training provided
- Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Excellent Benefits
- Great 401(k) Program
- Safe & Friendly Work Environment
The Utility Investor assists in the flow of specific components and product needed for the wax and investing operation. Position is responsible for the leaching and washing of wax patterns and the dipping and prepping of frames for assembly as well as the prepping of molds for investing. The Utility Investor is also responsible for the maintenance of the equipment needed for these functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare citric acid bath, prepare wash tank bath; leach, wash, rinse and dry wax patterns.
- Stage and dip frames for wax assembly. Put frames away and retrieve frames as needed.
- Prep the finished assemblies for investing operation.
- Maintain inventory and order materials and supplies for investing preparation and leaching operation.
- Adhere to plant and department safety rules; safely operate all equipment and tools; and identify and report safety issues.
- Assist molding and investing operation by cleaning bolts, filling wire bins, and molding gating as time permits.
- Maintain a clean environment in the work area.
- Proper management of spent aerosol cans; comprehensive annual hazardous waste training for management of spent aerosol cans
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of basic math skills.
- Ability to complete Forklift Driving Safety Certification Training.
- Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work overtime if required.
- Ability to work in a safe and conscientious manner; adhere to safety rules.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to co-workers and supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to stand, climb, stoop, and reach to perform daily job functions. Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing up to thirty-five pounds. Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes and other elements for periods of time.
- Ability to pass medical examination and be approved to wear a respirator; ability to pass a respirator fit test which requires no facial hair that interferes w/ the respirator-to-face piece seal.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.