With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The shipper/ receiver at PTG Tools - Reed performs a variety of duties including picking, accumulating, preparing packing, boxing, weighing, preparing, and shipping completed products based on the orders received from customers. This position also receives incoming orders of raw goods and shelves the product in the appropriate place as needed. The role works in a team to help produce the product in a skillful and efficient manner, to aid in the manufacturing of high-precision and quality products.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accumulate, pack, and prepare products for shipment to customers after inspection from quality, avoiding damage while packaging.
- Promptly unloads deliveries from various vendors and delivery services.
- Stocks received goods in the appropriate places within the company.
- Collaborates with customer service and purchasing on the shipment and receipt of products.
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Engages with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude.
- Seal, weigh, and label shipping containers with proper information.
- Uses ERP to enter shipment and receipt data.
- Notify and schedule carrier pickups.
- Uses UPS and FedEx Software.
- Operate forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Provides support when needed to other departments as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management.
- High attention to detail
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Ability to use a computer.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 2 Years in any of the following: shipping/receiving, logistics, retail, or customer service experience.
- Ability to learn specialized equipment with training as required
This requisition is closed to applications.