Finance and Cost Accounting Manager
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Financial and Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for the strict adherence to financial policies and procedures to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting, a strong control environment, and protection of company assets against loss. The Financial and Cost Accounting Manager reports into the Controller and is a crucial member of the Accounting team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Drive and manage the entire accounting close process including journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statement preparation, and maintaining compliance of corporate requirements.
- Work cross functionally to standardize, streamline, and improve processes and automate controls as appropriate.
- Coordinate activities with external auditors.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational innovation and regularly interact with business owners and senior level management on accounting matters
- Maintain and monitor standard cost for inventory and perform variance analysis. Perform calculation of full cost absorption on a monthly basis.
- Prepare quarterly Excess and Obsolete and Lower of Cost or Net Realizable Value calculations and analysis.
- Management/Operations Support, not limited to:
- Prepare Annual Budget and Monthly Forecast
- Sales and Margin Reporting and Analysis.
- Tracking and Forecasting Variable and Fixed Costs.
- Other complex analysis as required.
- Manage Physical Inventory Processes.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPIERENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution required
- 5-7 years of progressive Accounting experience, in manufacturing environment required
- SOX knowledge a must
- Thorough knowledge of financial accounting, capital investment analysis and cost accounting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in optimizing accounting processes
- Ability to work in a dynamic accounting department, successfully juggling daily responsibilities, projects and deliverables
- Proficient in Excel
Relocation is authorized for this position.