With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 35 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 6000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, Andrews Laser Works, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Southwest United Industries Tulsa operates from a 100,000 square feet modern and well-maintained facility in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Former headquarters for Southwest United Industries (prior to acquisition), the site offers single source metal finishing for newly manufactured parts and for repair and overhaul applications.
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Shot Peening
- Thermal Spray
Southwest United Industries was acquired by Precision Castparts Corp. in December, 2012.
Under direct supervision, blast operators perform a variety of simple blasting techniques and methods using various types of blasting media such as aluminum oxide, glass bead, and plastic media, all in the efforts to effectively clean and prepare surfaces for future processes. Ensuring and validating part cleanliness, damage free surfaces, and part configurations are some of the essential functions a blast operator will be required to perform. Candidates must be self-disciplined and self-motivated individuals with strong accountability (attention to details) skills. Candidates must have the ability and desire to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced production environment, be resourceful and innovative along with presenting a strong business ethic and compliance to leadership and company policies, and a good communicator with the ability to represent the company in a positive manner. Other responsibilities will include maintaining a clean and organized work area, as well as adherence to organization safety rules and regulations. As a condition of assignment, Level 1 Blast Operator candidates may be expected to process product controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or Export Administration Regulations. As such these candidates may be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, Legal Permanent Residence or protected status as a Non-Citizen National of the U.S.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedules and performs blasting work by reading router instructions and following the supervisor’s schedule
- Perform required operations on buffing wheel
- Sandblasts parts as necessary
- Ensure visual acceptance of castings
- Record on daily basis all work performed and correct distribution of work time identifying same by operational codes; must follow number routing card in sequence
- Keep work area clean, orderly, and in safe condition, follow all safety rules
- Must be able to keep pace with product coming from work cell grain etch and product going to and from heat treat making sure product moves in a timely manner
- May occasionally perform special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic mathematic skills: add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods with limited movement.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team, good cooperative skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English. Specifically, applicants must be able to read and understand written procedures and instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced and ever-changing environment with multiple priorities.
- Entry level role, no experience required
Level of Education:
- General Standard education including the ability to read and write in English.
This requisition is closed to applications.