Investing Helper / LPC-T
Full benefits that start on the 1st of the month following your hire date
Paid holidays, vacations, and sick leave
Gym membership reimbursement for you and your family
Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement
And so much more!
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
To provide assistance to operators and other more skilled personnel as assigned to PCC departments, including delivery, staging, moving and storing materials, operating and cleaning equipment; learns the basic operations of the department; job postings identify the essential job functions for the department requiring the position.
Utility Aide is distinguished from Helper by the following: assists with complex operations, stages materials and parts, completes duties of multiple steps, may work from Technique Cards, and works without close supervision once duties are learned; work environment may also be more complex and/or hazardous than that of Helper.
1. Department Operator Assistance
Objective: to provide assistance to departments and learn operations as assigned in order to contribute to department productivity.
Typical Job Functions:
- Delivers, stages, moves and stores materials, equipment and parts.
- Fills, loads and unloads materials and equipment.
- Gathers materials and equipment for use by other personnel at specified times or as needed.
- Learns and performs basic department operations, including equipment and process operations; may work from Technique Cards.
- Cleans work areas, machines and equipment.
- Routinely checks and maintains trash/debris levels.
- Assists schedulers and expediters.
- May wear protective gear and work with hazardous materials.
- Works with more skilled personnel as assigned.
- And all other duties as directed.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
NOTE: For job positions that require respiratory protection (more than a filtering face piece dust mask):
In compliance with the Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Division Personal Protective Equipment standard for Respiratory Protection, OA R 437, Div. 2 I 1910.134 and Oregon Health Division Rules for the Control of Radiation, OAR 333. Div. 120 (333-120-300 through 330), certain tasks within this job position require may require the use of a NIOSH-approved respirator. An individual will not be assigned to these tasks if the person is not able to work under these conditions. Respirator selection will be based on the work performed, exposure information, duration of use and any other relevant factors. If a tight-fitting respirator is required, facial hair, temple pieces on glasses or other items that interferes with the face-to-face piece seal of the respirator are not permitted.
Typical Job Functions:
- Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
- Safely operates all equipment and tools.
- Identifies and reports safety problems.
- May be required to work with hazardous waste.
3. Completes logs and records.
4. Performs other tasks as directed.
ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT, VEHICLES, MACHINERY AND/OR TOOLS USED:
To be identified by the department requiring the position.
1. Training is provided on the job.
2. PCCs Forklift Driving Safety Certification Training must be completed as assigned.
3. May be required to complete hazardous waste management training.
1. Ability to follow instructions, read, write and perform mathematical calculations.
2. Ability to read, interpret and follow specifications on Technique Cards.
3. Physical ability to perform the essential job functions.