SSBO Penetrant Line Operator
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
SCHEDULE: Training: Monday-Friday 2:30 - 10:30pm
Work: Thursday- Sunday 2:30pm- 12:30am
To complete all steps necessary for the application of fluorescent penetrant on castings in order to prepare castings for the fluorescent penetrant inspection process; to prepare castings for evaluation by the fluorescent penetrant system.
Penetrant Line Operation
Objective: to complete all steps in the preparation and application of penetrant to castings.
- Visually inspects castings for surface dirt; cleans and degreases as necessary.
- Chemically etches specific castings by local or swab etching, which removes a small amount of metal; neutralizes parts with water and dries; neutralizes holding tank.
- Places clean castings on penetrant line and applies fluorescent penetrant liquid using hand-held, electro-static sprayer; allows penetrant to be absorbed.
- Washes castings to remove penetrant after specified time; pre-dries with fans and places castings in drying cabinets.
- Places castings in developing cabinet for automatic application of powdered developer.
- Visually inspects castings; cleans and degreases as needed.
- Wears protective gear during line operation.
Maintenance and Housecleaning.
Objective: to maintain penetrant line equipment and work area in good working order.
- Performs maintenance and minor repairs on equipment.
- Keeps work area and materials clean and orderly.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
- Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
- Safely operates all equipment and tools.
- Identifies and reports safety problems.
- Completes logs and records.
- Performs other tasks as directed.
- Training is provided on the job.
- Level 1 Penetrant Inspection Courses.
- Level 1 Penetrant Inspection Certification.
- High School Graduation or GED (necessary for NDT certification.
- Ability to write, and read and follow specifications on Tech Cards.
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing twenty to forty pounds and occasionally up to eighty pounds.
- Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes and other elements for extended periods of time.
This requisition is closed to applications.