Inventory Control Specialist II
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Issue raw material to operations to include cutting travelers and creating IRD’s to flow with raw material parts.
• Conduct weekly Cycle Count inventory processes to ensure accuracy and timely execution of production batches
• Maintains accurate weekly inventory levels and submits weekly reports to key stakeholders
• Conducts weekly inventory reconciliation
• Work directly with management to bring them up to date regarding material inflow and outflow
• Compile inventory information and present it to management for effective decision making
• Notify management of shortages or other challenges that could impact product availability
• Makes sure that any late materials or those that hold up production for a certain reason are followed up until they are received
• Manage supplier communications and oversee status of all orders
• Receive new arriving inventory and physically verify SKU and QTY for accuracy prior to receiving in MRP system
• Operate a forklift or other equipment when necessary to move material or load/unload trucks
• Performs miscellaneous duties, which are work-related, as assigned
• Constant exposure to indoor / outdoor manufacturing environment
• Constant exposure to moderate noise
• Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes, odors, hot / cold temperatures, inside / outside noise vibration, standing on concrete for periods of time and wet or uneven surfaces.
Knowledge and Training:
• College degree and technical background desirable and/or equivalent gained by job experience
• 3-5 years planning/scheduling experience
• Good understanding of manufacturing operations as well as a basic knowledge of Engineering and Metallurgical procedures
• Must have a good understanding of MRP, Shop Floor Control, Synchronous
• Ability to make decisions quickly and accurately
• Ability to operate under stressful situations
• Ability to articulate problems early, clearly, effectively, and professionally
• Ability to deal with confrontations respectfully
• Must be able to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment.
• Must be able to lift 35lbs. when needed
• Required to routinely stand and walk throughout the workday
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required due to government military contracts.
This requisition is closed to applications.