With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Special Metals Corporation group of companies was created in the latter part of 1998 when Special Metals Corporation of New Hartford, New York, acquired Inco Alloys International, including its Huntington Alloys and Wiggin Alloys divisions. In 2006, Special Metals Corporation became a part of Precision Castparts Corp., a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products. With a history of alloy technology now going back some 100 years, our company continues to provide solutions to difficult materials problems through such time-tested products as our world-recognized INCONEL, INCOLOY, NIMONIC, UDIMET, MONEL and NILO alloys.
Today's Special Metals is a world leader in the invention, production and supply of the high-nickel, high-performance alloys used for the difficult jobs in engineering. These alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high-temperature corrosion resistance, toughness and strength and are used in the world's most technically demanding industries and applications. Special Metals offers the largest range of nickel alloys and product forms, as well cobalt alloys, to more than ten worldwide markets. We produce nickel alloys in all standard mill forms, from large ingots and billets to plate, sheet, strip, tubing, bar and wire, the latter of which includes core and filler wires for welding products. The company has manufacturing and research facilities in the USA and Europe, sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a distribution network including most of the industrialized countries of the world.
Special Metals Corporation is the world's premier inventor, developer and producer of nickel alloy and cobalt alloys—with a portfolio of more than 100 alloy compositions, wrought products and welding consumables, over 80 percent of which were invented in our own laboratories. All created to help redefine what's possible in the world of energy and industry.
Our time-tested nickel alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high temperature and corrosion resistance, toughness and strength for the most demanding applications. No other single manufacturer offers such a comprehensive range of game-changing alloy compositions and product forms.
Summary: General Laborer reports to Supervisor/Manager and performs cleaning, loading, unloading and assistance to area operators as needed.
• Follows all facility safety programs/polices.
• Rotate between various areas within facility.
• Operates industrial fork truck and/or other mobile equipment for short intervals to load, unload and transport raw materials, equipment and supplies.
• Ensures safe handling of loads by securing crane loads with straps and chains.
• Provides assistance to departmental operators in various auxiliary type work.
• Follows directives to gather all supplies/tools needed to perform specific tasks and deliver such items to the appropriate personnel in each department as needed. Cleans and/or degreases equipment as directed.
• Completes all applicable documentation related to job assignment.
• Communicate quality and safety concerns to appropriate personnel.
• Sweeps and cleans floors, picks up trash and disposes of dirt or scrap material in proper containers. May mop and wax office floors. Cleans windows, desks, water fountains, etc. as directed.
• Participates in containing hazardous waste by spreading absorbent on spills and cleaning areas to ensure a safe working environment.
• Shovels dirt or other material as directed.
• May move office furniture.
• Keep a clean and well-maintained workspace.
• All other duties as assigned.
Tools and Equipment: Industrial truck or other mobile equipment. Slings, shovel, brooms, mops, gloves, etc.
Materials processed or used: Scrap material, sweeping compound, oil absorbents, trash, rags, soap, water, floor wax, miscellaneous supplies.
High School Diploma and/or GED.
Must be able to wear all PPE as required.
Must be able to meet physical requirements of the position.
Must have the ability and willingness to work any shifts, including nights, holidays and overtime.
Must have the ability to bend, twist and stretch arms above head and walk or stand for long periods of time.
Good communication Skills.
Work well with a team and collaborate with employees from other departments.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and written work instructions.
Ability to progress through on the job training.
Follow company procedures and directives
This requisition is closed to applications.