Procurement Specialist - Outside Processing
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The OP Buyer reports directly to the Supply Chain Manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, coordinate, and prioritize procurement activities for company and program PO/requisitions for parts, raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and other goods
- Troubleshoot non-conforming suppliers on product, service, price, schedule, and/or quality issues
- Coordinate new supplier qualification to customer drawing and specification requirements
- Coordinate and provide make/buy data and determine procurement approach such as direct purchase or bid
- Prepare, review, and approve purchase orders; provide supplier status on POs as required
- Maintain orderly reports including electronic filing systems
- Review, troubleshoot, and design/modify manual and computerized procurement systems for items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance; maintain inventory reports including design and reporting of internal performance metrics to management as required
- Approve invoices for payment; may expedite delivery of goods to customers
- May occasionally perform special projects
- Other duties as assigned
1+ years of experience in procurement or related support position or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Excellent knowledge of procurement process and customer/supplier interfacing principles
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite. Syteline is a plus)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to communicate proactive solutions across functional areas and various levels of management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels
- Able to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities
- Attention to detail and organized
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
Level of Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
This requisition is closed to applications.