The Special Metals Corporation group of companies was created in the latter part of 1998 when Special Metals Corporation of New Hartford, New York, acquired Inco Alloys International, including its Huntington Alloys and Wiggin Alloys divisions. In 2006, Special Metals Corporation became a part of Precision Castparts Corp., a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products. With a history of alloy technology now going back some 100 years, our company continues to provide solutions to difficult materials problems through such time-tested products as our world-recognized INCONEL, INCOLOY, NIMONIC, UDIMET, MONEL and NILO alloys.
Today's Special Metals is a world leader in the invention, production and supply of the high-nickel, high-performance alloys used for the difficult jobs in engineering. These alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high-temperature corrosion resistance, toughness and strength and are used in the world's most technically demanding industries and applications. Special Metals offers the largest range of nickel alloys and product forms, as well cobalt alloys, to more than ten worldwide markets. We produce nickel alloys in all standard mill forms, from large ingots and billets to plate, sheet, strip, tubing, bar and wire, the latter of which includes core and filler wires for welding products. The company has manufacturing and research facilities in the USA and Europe, sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a distribution network including most of the industrialized countries of the world.
Special Metals Corporation is the world's premier inventor, developer and producer of nickel alloy and cobalt alloys—with a portfolio of more than 100 alloy compositions, wrought products and welding consumables, over 80 percent of which were invented in our own laboratories. All created to help redefine what's possible in the world of energy and industry.
Our time-tested nickel alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high temperature and corrosion resistance, toughness and strength for the most demanding applications. No other single manufacturer offers such a comprehensive range of game-changing alloy compositions and product forms.
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Looking for students enrolled in the following 4-year program (or similar):
• Sales & Marketing
This is a part-time position or could be a 6-month rotation to enrich classroom learning into real-time. Co-ops/Interns will:
• Work in an industrial manufacturing environment alongside supervisors and plant managers
• Participate in continuous improvement projects to minimize manufacturing errors
• Report the status of projects to higher management
• Perform relevant duties in Sales, Marketing, etc.
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Full-time student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business.
• Must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
• Knowledge of related engineering discipline functional and technical skills
• Ability to thrive in an environment where business and team needs may change to help "Make the Day"
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Access
• Good writing skills and interpersonal skills
• U.S. Person’s Status is Required (Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident)
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and physical
• Must pass a pre-employment background check.
• Technical skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Verbal and Written communication skills
• Confident decision-making ability
• Team working skills
• The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – FREQUENTLY MOVES ABOUT THE PRODUCTION FACILITIES. MUST BE ABLE TO DETECT UNSAFE CONDITIONS FROM LONG DISTANCES. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – THE PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT REQUIRES THE EMPLOYEE TO WORK BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE IN HEAT/COLD, WET/HUMID AND DRY/ARID CONDITIONS. FREQUENTLY REQUIRES THE USE OF PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT TO PREVENT EXPOSURE TO HAZARDOUS MATERIALS AND CONDITIONS. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.