Director, Learning and Development
At Precision Castparts (PCC), we make extraordinary products for aerospace and other industries, which is made possible by the hard work and creativity of a diverse and global workforce. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusiveness, empowerment and respect that embraces the differences in who we are. Working together, we will continue to solve complex problems every day.
We are relentless in our dedication to being a high-quality and on-time producer, delivering the highest value to our customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
PCC employs more than 24,000 people worldwide in more than 120 plants spread across twenty-seven states in the U.S. and more than a dozen countries.
The Director, Learning and Development plays a crucial role in the overall success of the business, having the responsibility for driving PCC’ enterprise-wide learning strategy in the development of our talent roadmap. In this role, you will help our team members develop the capabilities, knowledge, skills, and resources to be successful at PCC. A trusted advisor to the business, this individual will partner closely with HR leaders and other key staff across all functions to develop and execute learning strategies, assess development needs, and track learning effectiveness. The Director, Learning and Development promotes a culture of continuous learning, equal opportunity, and professional development throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong skillset in leading change, instructional design, and a progressive and modern approach to developing training that engages and inspires multiple generations of team members. The successful person for this role is a flexible, roll up your sleeves, enthusiastic team player who can work with diverse groups of people throughout the organization. This role will report to the Vice President, Talent and Training.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive learning and career development strategy that helps attract talent, retain employees, build leaders, drive performance, and advance skills.
- Deliver learning solutions to effectively leverage talent to achieve strategic business objectives that build the talent required for our business now and in the future.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify organizational learning needs and trends to proactively identify gaps and deploy solutions.
- Collaborate with site leaders to streamline and standardize the on-boarding process and enhance the experience of new employees.
- Manage formal leadership training programs that will provide continuous growth opportunities to leaders at different stages in their career.
- Establish role-based competency frameworks and associated career growth roadmaps.
- Act as a change agent, securing buy-in and commitment from senior leaders. Establish metrics for accountability and track utilization of learning programs.
- Evaluate, select, and implement learning management systems (LMS) and other learning technologies to support the efficient and effective delivery of learning programs.
- Oversee learning governance, including establishing rhythm and procedures for content refresh, content purge, and regular review of content accuracy.
- Travel up to 25% to PCC facilities in the U.S. and International.
Required Skills, Education, Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline required.
- 7-10 years L&D experience with at least 2 years managing a Learning and Development function, preferably in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to influence senior leaders in a decentralized company.
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods and instructional design methodologies.
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices.
- Experience in project management and budgeting.