Quality Inspector II
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Wyman-Gordon: Wyman-Gordon is a worldwide supplier to the aerospace and industrial gas turbine markets. We hold quality accreditations for all of the major airframe and engine manufacturers for both civil and military applications. Wyman-Gordon creates rotating closed-die forgings which are critical for aerospace and land-based gas turbines. Wyman-Gordon also manufactures structural forgings for airframe, nuclear, petrochemical, power generation, and space applications.
PCC Rollmet is a leading manufacturer of cold worked and annealed pipe for the petrochemical, energy and defense industries. We provide precision thin wall seamless cylindrical shapes, pipes and tubes across a wide range of materials, including nickel alloy, stainless steel, aluminum, and ferritic alloy. PCC Rollmet has pioneered our unique Cold Roll Extrusion process to manufacture precision thin wall tubes under 0.75” thicknesses. Strengths of our cold roll extruded, solid-solution alloy pipes are greater than those of conventionally manufactured pipe and tube, due to the fine-grain size achieved through cold working and recrystallization.
Building upon Level 1, while working under the supervisor of higher level employees, the Quality Manager, or Quality Supervisor, the Quality Inspector – Level 2 inspects work from blueprints, digital models, and customer specifications to identify and segregated non-conforming product using proficient knowledge and understanding of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T) methods per ASM 14.5, and common inspection measuring equipment. They may also demonstrate basic competency in operating Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM)/Scanners as necessary to complete assignments and will also receive an introduction to AS9100 processes to an awareness level. Quality Inspector – Level 2 employees may also be expected to demonstrate proficiency in manipulating digital models in CATIA. Quality Inspector – Level 2 employees typically work as receiving inspectors, final inspectors, or entry-level CMM inspectors.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpret job router/manufacturing order
- Perform basic CMM operation
- Set and use bore gauges
- Sealant inspection
- Inspect fastener installation
- Perform first part inspections
- Create rejection tags
- Perform basic in-process and final inspection of machine parts, mechanical assemblies, processed parts, or purchased standard hardware
- Perform verifications of part identification and configurations
- Arrange inspection queues to identify work priority
- Identify and segregate non-conforming product
- Able to be trained on GD&T
- Use basic inspection tools such as surface plates, micrometers, height gages, etc. to inspect parts
- Perform full first article inspection
- Basic part transport
- Interpret certifications
- Perform basic maintenance of tools and equipment
- Maintain area cleanliness and organization within 6S initiative
- Observe all safety policies and procedures
- Observe all company policies and procedures
- Adhere to the Business Quality Management System (BQMS)
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated proficiency in Level 1 competencies
- Intermediate model review print reading and GD&T
- Intermediate shop math
- Familiar with basic inspection tools (pin gauges, micrometers, calipers, height gauges, air gages, etc.)
- Ability to use a profilometer
- Able to be certified to use Rockwell/Eddy Current Machine
- Familiar with BAC5300
- Able to meet production goals “Cycle Times”
- Ability to learn
- Position requires the ability to lift up to 35 lbs
- NDT/CMM experience preferred
- 2-3 years of experience
Level of Education:
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PCC Rollmet is an equal opportunity employer. The company's policy and practice is to provide equal employment opportunities and to assure those opportunities, without regard to age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, gender, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation including gender identity or gender expression, religion, (including religious dress and religious grooming), mental or physical disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, reproductive decision making, or any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal anti-discrimination laws.