Production Gating Wax Assembler / LPC-S / 19
- Quarterly bonuses
- Full benefits that start on the 1st of the month following your hire date
- Paid holidays, vacations, and sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym membership reimbursement for you and your family
- Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement
- And so much more!
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
To assemble complex gating systems in a varied and non-repetitive fashion to produce mold forms to be invested.
Objective: to inspect patterns and determine assembly methods.
A. Pre-inspects pattern and gating components prior to start of assembly.
B. Reads and follows technique card assembly instructions, which describe numerous unique assembly steps of a complex nature; plans the methods for completing a given assignment and selects among alternative assembly methods.
Objective: to accurately assemble complex gating systems.
A. Assembles complex gating systems by means of torch, hot pencils, and a variety of hand tools.
B. Welds gates into place by means of torch or hot pencil.
C. Smoothes and gauges the area around each assembly contact by means of hot pencil, torch or paint seal.
D. Modifies gates by reshaping, splicing, reducing, or building up in order to obtain proper fit.
E. Hand fabricates elementary gating from raw stock.
F. Possibly develops code sheets for engineering-requested modifications or deviations to standard assemblies.
G. Inspects assemblies during and after the assembly process to detect defects and ensure quality.
1. Ability to apply pattern gating assembly techniques, methods, materials, fixturing and construction.
2. Ability to communicate and work effectively with others.
3. Ability to work in a team environment and promote team development.
4. Ability to read and follow complex written instructions.
5. Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing thirty to fifty pounds.
6. Ability to work in conditions which may include exposure to noise, fumes, crowding, awkward physical positions, abrasions, cuts, and chemicals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.