Machinist (Weekend Shift)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Weekend Machinist for Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Day and Night shift Available
Additional workdays may be available during the week.
Machinists operate multiple 3-5 axis CNC machines and conventional mills and lathes to produce complex aerospace parts. These individuals demonstrate advanced cross training flexibility including first part run and full machine recovery. Machinists are experienced machinists capable of completing complex setups on 3-5 axis machines. They are also able to apply advanced blueprint and GD&T reading to complex production inspection processes. Machinists are also responsible for editing programs and writing simple programs to make tooling. These individuals are also expected to troubleshoot issues that arise for complex parts. This position typically requires 3-6 years of machinist experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fully operate multiple machine platforms as needed, including CNC and conventional Mills and Lathes.
- Perform complex setups without assistance on a number of machine platforms, including 3 and 5 axis machines.
- Perform complex inspection tasks to validate and respond to dimensional requirements and specifications utilizing advanced GD&T and print reading abilities.
- Validate programs and first part runs on newly developed product.
- Assist in accurate and safe full machine recovery.
- Advanced competencies in machine platform operation in order to demonstrate cross training flexibility, which includes operating conventional machines at a basic level.
- Advanced ability in job setup and verification.
- Advanced knowledge of GD&T and inspection processes.
- Machining trouble shooting skills applied to first part runs and machine recovery.
- Intermediate understanding of CNC programing, editing and simple tooling creation.
- Basic CAD/CAM exposure
- Position requires the ability to lift up to 35 lbs
- Typically this position requires evidence of success in level two machining duties for at least one year prior to promotion or hire.
- 3-6 years of experience
Level of Education:
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.