With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Program Manager (PM) is accountable for successfully planning, scheduling and coordinating the delivery of products to the customer per specifications in the contract (date, quantity, quality, special requests). The PM liaises with the customer, contracts, legal, manufacturing and extended supply chain, including formal reviews, to drive internal goals and meet customer requirements. The PM is also accountable for acquiring new business when applicable.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage strategic relationships and daily communications with customers
- Coordinate the program related efforts of Quality Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, and Planners to support goals for sales, delivery, profitability, and customer satisfaction
- Manage special projects, including new part introductions and improvement initiatives
- Forecast and champion monthly, quarterly, and annual sales
- Validate and approve PO/CBO/forecast from the customer and resulting internal drive
- Validate and coordinate customer release / change requests
- Analyze program costs / profitability and drive cost-down actions
- Collect customer satisfaction data / report cards and drive improvements
- Conduct long term planning with customers (business development)
- Receive RFQ’s for new business and negotiate follow on orders
- Facilitate payment collections as necessary
- Excellent communication, negotiation and planning abilities
- Project management, including the ability to interface with cross-functional teams and achieve targets in a dynamic environment
- Familiarity with industry standards, concepts, practices, and procedures
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes, materials, technical drawings and specifications
- Comfort with complex business scenarios
- Use of ERP / MRP software and Microsoft Office products
- Experience with contracts, terms, and conditions
Required Experience and Education:
- 2+ years Program Management Experience
- Bachelor's degree with manufacturing experience or equivalent
Relocation is authorized for this position.