Wax Injector - 2nd Shift
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Job Description 1
As the starting point in the casting manufacturing process, Wax Operators are responsible for injecting, preparing, assembling, and repairing the wax molds that will later become the highly complex aluminum parts that are provided to our customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform work in a safe manner by following all safety rules and providing recommendations to help make PCC a safe work environment.
• Achieve team production and efficiency goals by working to meet all operational and quality standards to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Operate manual and automatic wax injection presses to produce a variety of generally small and simple wax patterns.
• Perform rework and repair of patterns during the wax injection cycles, maintain required records of work performed.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report these and any unusual conditions to proper supervision.
Experience and Education:
• A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred but may be substituted by manufacturing experience.
• One year of manufacturing experience preferred, previous experience in the casting industry is a plus.
• Ability to bring your best self every day to safely meet or exceed production and quality standards.
• Ability to thrive in an environment where business and team needs may change to help meet business and customer demands.
• Understanding of basic math calculations.
• Ability to use precision measuring instruments, test equipment or other devices where interpretation is required.
• Ability to perform duties in manufacturing environment which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, and varying temperatures. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
2nd SHIFT POSITION
This requisition is closed to applications.