Hot Head Operator (2nd Shift) - PB
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Level Two: Working with minimal assistance level two forge press operators perform forging tasks of intermediate complexity. Operators will setup tooling with minimal assistance, which includes verifying highers on the die, securing tooling, verifying product dimensional requirements, and making tooling adjustments as necessary. Operators will produce first articles and complete all required documentation. Level two forge press operators are able to run all types of forgings and material types, while demonstrating intermediate competencies in print reading, identifying quality issues such as forge rolling and mismatch. Typically 1-3 years of experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
- Review shop traveler and verify that prior operations have been completed before starting process.
- Review shop traveler’s specific instructions to set up and operate Hot Heading machines to perform process on parts as required and specified by heading sketch and work order, shop traveler and/or blueprints.
- Examine and measure parts to verify conformance to standards, using measuring devices, such as templates, micrometers, calipers or scales.
- Select and install machine components, such as dies, molds, and cutters, according to specifications, using hand tools and measuring devices.
- Follow standard procedures to check, test, login, logout, and run good quality parts, coordinating with department’s supervisor or Lead Person during the process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ability to read and write English.
- An introductory competence in shop math such as working with fractions and decimals.
- A basic knowledge of inspection tools and their proper use.
- A basic knowledge of machine tools.
- The ability to interpret written instruction on shop travelers.
- Capable of setting up and running parts as required.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Some knowledge of various manufacturing machinery and equipment for aerospace fasteners is preferred but not required.
Level of Education:
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.