Heat Treat/Auto Clave Position 2nd Shift
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
JOB TITLE: HEAT TREAT OPERATOR
DEPARTMENT: HEAT TREAT
The Heat Treat Operator must be able to perform all operations and operate equipment efficiently.
- Operate various heat treat furnaces
- Mark proper heat treat identification on castings
- Visually inspect work for obvious defects
- Record all work performed, check routing card for accuracy.
- Meet an acceptable level of performance and show proficient understanding of Engineering and Quality instructions.
- Perform other duties as are designated by the Supervisor.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Keep work area clean, orderly, and in a safe working condition. Follow all safety rules.
High school education.
Three months OJT training.
INITIATIVE AND INGENUITY:
Normal initiative and ingenuity.
Normal effort required.
Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, approximately 5-10 times per hour.
Responsible for self. Make sure parts meet quality standards. Must be willing to work daily overtime and weekend overtime as necessary.
Dirty working conditions due to ceramic pieces and dust.
THE ABOVE COVERS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT DUTIES, BUT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER ASSIGNMENTS REQUIRING EQUIVALENT OR LESSER SKILLS.
PCC Airfoils, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
This requisition is closed to applications.