With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Title: Product Engineer
Labor Grade: TBD
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. is a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power generation, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace, and other general industrial markets and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC Airfoils, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Precision Castparts Corp. The Airfoils Division manufactures complex highly technical investment casting for turbine engine applications used in commercial jet engines, military jet engines, helicopters and industrial gas turbines.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Lead Product Engineer
Location: Mentor / RP, OH
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering
Personal Characteristics: Able to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality/ quantity. Able to work flexible hours with a history of dependability as demonstrated with strong attendance record. Comfortable using a team approach to problem solving. Have strong sense of urgency. Individual must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors.
Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in industrial settings is required . Six Sigma Certification preferred, but not required
Principal Area of Responsibility: The position is responsible for Product Engineering activities to support new product introduction, continuous improvement, and manufacturing. Strong statistical background a must within six sigma environment or equivalent training a plus. Must have adequate statistical and computer skills to analyze new product capabilities and implement necessary corrective actions. A background of ceramic cores, airfoil/datum systems and airfoil tooling will be an advantage.
- Maintain a high level of quality for process design.
- Manage activities to stay on schedule for process release, while maintaining budgeted development and part costs.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities at a high level
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Conduct dimensional probability studies.
- Initiates, completes, and submit process qualifications
- Develop and implement part number procedures for core inspection, pattern components, injection, core preparation, component quality, etc.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers, supervisors, and peers.
- Conceptual design and coordination of detailed design with selected tool shops for all required tooling on assigned parts.
- Any and all additional responsibilities as required or assigned.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Incumbent must physically and mentally perform the job demands as listed below.
- The ability to handle high stress associated with high activity with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative and ownership
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player with a strong customer orientation.
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting.
- Working knowledge of machining, metallurgy, welding and inspection.