Area Manager (Wax) / LPC-T
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Responsible for managing the activities of assigned manufacturing areas and following established procedures and approved processes. Responsible for the safe manufacture of company products which may represent a broad diversity of manufacturing processes. Responsible for satisfying all quality and productivity requirements in a most cost-effective manner. May manage multiple shifts and/or departments. May manage production functions by delegation to Production Supervisors and/or shift/department leads. Area Manager positions are responsible for a greater span of control and/or require a greater level of demonstrated expertise in manufacturing and process skills than a Production Supervisor position.
Span of Control:
May be responsible for the entirety department of production employees, numbers of and/or value of manufacturing machines and other duties as assigned.
Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of and ability to apply PCC budgeting process and financial management tools. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of and ability to understand and apply the PCC planning process. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of and ability to apply the PCC manufacturing processes in area of responsibility. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of and ability to apply “lean”, “TOC”, “interference management” and “NEI” processes in area of responsibility. Demonstrated ability to manage more complex processes, procedures, and functions.
- Responsible for the safe manufacture of products, safety in the areas of responsibility, and maintaining a safe, injury free work environment. Ensures compliance with legal requirements and company safety policies.
- Ensures that all employees work in a safe manner and that each employee is properly trained in all safety procedures. Ensures that good housekeeping practices are consistently followed.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Responsible for adherence to process control procedures, operating instructions, and all quality control instructions.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises operations in accordance with production schedules and requirements in the most cost-effective manner. Maintains awareness of policies and procedures and assures compliance by assigned employees.
- Manages performance measures in area of responsibility.
- Ensures that thru-put and target earned hours are attained and budget criteria is met or exceeded.
- Works with employees to effectively resolve workplace issues, gives necessary feedback on employee performance. Conducts formal performance appraisals and recommends/approves pay increases, transfers, promotions, discipline and terminations in accordance with Company policies and procedures and state and federal laws.
- Interviews and hires (recommend hires) employees. Is aware of and manages hiring process with consideration for affirmative action goals and EEO requirements.
- Is responsible for training and developing subordinate supervisory staff to safely and effectively manage assigned production operations.
- Develops, trains, and involves employees in maintaining and improving departmental safety, efficiency, productivity, quality, cooperation, and morale.
- Maintains adequate staffing to meet required production schedules.
- Leads the annual budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
- As appropriate, submits Capital Equipment requests with cost qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related curriculum or engineering curriculum or 5 to 7 years of progressive manufacturing leadership experience and responsibility.
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Requires that the incumbent be highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Must have demonstrated abilities to lead people and get results through others, with excellent verbal and written communication skills or the ability to develop the skills.
- Must be computer literate, particularly in spreadsheet; financial; inventory and production planning and tracking applications.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, execute and deliver results in conformance with action plans.
COMPLETION OF AND ABILITY TO APPLY INFORMATION FROM HAZARDOUS WASTE TRAINING REQUIRED DUE TO POTENTIAL COORDINATION OF HAZARDOUS WASTE HANDLING IN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY.
This requisition is closed to applications.