General Accountant / SOX Coordinator
RathGibson is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of precision welded tubing and pipe for energy and industrial applications. From straight lengths to coil, welding and drawn, or seamless tubing and pipe, our product s come in a variety of grades and can be made from any of 40 available high-performance alloys.
What began as a family business has grown into a worldwide force in tubing and pipe. At RathGibson, we understand that choosing between welded, welded and drawn, and seamless tubing or pipe can be complex. When making these selections, the quality requirements, such as corrosion, dimensional units and strength drive the selection process.
We are the preferred global solutions provider for precision stainless and specialty alloy tubing products. We serve diverse industries such as power generation, renewable, oil and gas, petrochemical, food and dairy, beverage, pharmaceutical, and general commercial.
At RathGibson, we realize that designing and manufacturing the world's finest tubing and pipe is only half of our mission. The other half is supplying our customers with the product they need when they need it. To that end, RathGibson has implemented a state-of-the-art system that tracks each order from the moment the quote is made through order placement, production, finishing, packaging, shipment and delivery.
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Assists with accounting for the financial transactions of the business as assigned, ensuring company compliance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Company Policies and Procedures, including SOX compliance and coordination of Corporate activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Month-end Reports covering three locations
- Month end Intercompany transactions and balance verification
- Monthly reconciliation for balance sheet.
- Month end accruals for three locations.
- Monitors Un-invoiced Receivers/Purchase Receipt Accrual for aging items and researches to keep account accurate.
- Miscellaneous research of PO variance and AP invoice discrepancies.
- Inventory management GL and perpetual reconciliation
- Responsible for SOX and coordinate for business cycle processes and controls, address issues, implement controls, and provide guidance to testers
- Audit existing business processes to ensure documented procedures and best practices are being followed.
- Ensures all sales/use tax returns are filed and paid in timely manner.
- Coordinates with Corporate and external consultants on tax projects.
- Resolves location specific Tax Issues.
- SME – Sales & Use and Personal Property Tax issues – Including preparing Sales Exemption certificate for vendors.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree in Accounting and a minimum 3-5 years of experience in an accounting role of equal or greater knowledge and responsibility at a manufacturing company or comparable companies.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, verbal and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Data entry skills with an emphasis on accuracy and speed.
- Experience with an integrated ERP system, specifically the financial modules. Especially Visual, Global or Prophix.
- Organized and ability to multi-task.
This requisition is closed to applications.