Quality Inspector/ CMM Programmer
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Responsible for setting up and inspecting aerospace components utilizing CMM and bench plate equipment. Parts will be inspected to engineering drawings, customer purchase orders, industry standards and specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate CMM machine using established programs, as well as creating new programs using Calypso software.
- Perform dimensional inspection on product using CMM, calipers, micrometers and height gauges.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection on product per procedures.
- Perform first piece inspection and in-process inspections.
- Maintain lot integrity.
- Ensure all First Article Inspection (FAI) packages are properly completed.
- Must comply with all applicable safety requirements, policies and procedures, while maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work environment. Must participate in required training, medical monitoring, safety, and health evaluations and programs.
- Must wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all designated areas of facility.
- *Perform all physical functions of position; standing, stooping, bending, sitting, walking, twisting, kneeling, turning and lifting of materials up to 35 lbs.
- Meet established attendance standards.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Must report any work-related injury or illness immediately to your direct supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong background concerning the usage and care of precision measuring tools and equipment.
- Ability to effectively read and understand blueprints, engineering documents, purchase orders, inspection manuals and procedures.
- Strong background programming and operating coordinate measuring machines.
- Strong metrology, blueprint reading, and GD&T interpretation skills.
- Must be familiar with AS9102 Form and First Article Inspection (FAI).
- Must have practical experience performing in-process and final inspections.
- Demonstrates an understanding of related aerospace ISO and AS requirements.
- Must have experience using various mechanical inspection tools, such as micrometers and calipers.
- Maintain accuracy and attention to detail at all times and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of dimensional, visual and mechanical inspection processes.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out work instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Deal with issues involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little supervision and make intuitive decisions when general instruction is given.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- High school diploma or GED. Machinist certificate a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience programming/ operating CMMs and performing inspection in Aerospace and/or Military/Defense Manufacturing environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, twist, turn, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, kneel, stoop, bend, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required for this job, including but not limited to close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.