With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
This person will coordinate all of the safety, quality, and production related activities of the Process Inspection, Weld and factory stores departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Meet daily with members of Operations Management, Safety, Quality, and Maintenance to identify issues and projects.
- Attend Monthly safety meetings. Coordinate daily and monthly safety inspections, as well as monthly safety bullpen meetings.
- Attend weekly quality meetings. Identify quality issues in the department, and provide meaningful and useful corrective and preventative actions for those issues.
- Meet daily with supervisors and managers of all production departments to prioritize schedules and plan around obstacles.
- Take ownership of department P&L report. Monitor and control labor, expenses, and services.
- Prioritize and schedule machine maintenance and planned downtime.
- Monitor employee productivity and coordinate giving feedback to employees about their productivity target and actuals.
- Ten to fifteen years of experience with a minimum of three years as an Area/Department Manager.
- A B.S. degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Metallurgical Engineering is considered ideal.
- An M.B.A. would be a plus as some knowledge of finance is needed.
- Candidates with other educational experience, but with appropriate career experience will not be overlooked.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Needed is a proactive, self-confident, assertive, dedicated, engaged (bordering on passionate), can do businessperson with a natural leadership style.
- Open-minded, team oriented, detailed oriented and thick skinned.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to be able to work with the union and salaried workforce.
- An interest in teaching new skills and developing people, not be afraid to introduce change, and have the ability to dig in and be hands on when required.
Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.