Breakdown Operator - Day Shift - Ogden, UT
Competitive Pay and Benefits - Shift Differentials - Quarterly Bonus Program
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Entry Level starts at $20/hr. $2000 Sign-on and retention bonuses available!
Responsible for the removal of shell and runner systems.
- Washes shell off casting with high pressured water wash and sandblaster.
- Maintains lot integrity.
- Ensures paperwork is properly done.
- Helps other areas as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Able to work in a production environment.
- Able to read and comprehend English.
- Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with tens and 100s.
- Able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. continuously
- Able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. (Foundry log, spectrometer reports, chemical analysis)
- Able to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This may include wearing a respirator.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to complete OSHA forklift certification through PCC Ogden.
- Able to complete PCC Ogden Breakdown certifications required in grade system.
- Near vision requirements are Jaeger J1 in one eye, at no less than 12 inches; or equivalent, or Jaeger in one eye, at no less than 16 inches.
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Willing to work overtime.
- Complies with company and departmental policies and procedures, including company’s attendance.
- Able to meet individual productivity requirements.
- Able to meet internal quality requirements.
- May be required to take hazardous waste training.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.