With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
This position is responsible for visually inspecting in-process forgings to detect surface defects. Remove these defects with air grinder, hi-cycle grinder and swing frame grinder. Operate blast, ceramic and machines. Must be able to work rotating shifts and overtime per union contract
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receive job assignments and instructions (Process Sheets) from supervisor.
- Inspect forgings surface defects, using air grinder, hi-cycle grinder, swing frame and grinder as appropriate, inserting proper cutting wheel to performs operations correctly.
- Blend ground area on surface of forging.
- Ask supervisor to check work for acceptance or rejection if defect seems to extend beyond tolerance.
- Operate air grinder, hi-cycle grinder, swing frame grinder, to perform specified operations
- Operate blast and ceramic machines.
- Perform any other duty of a similar or related natures as directed by supervision.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Record and maintain proper paperwork.
KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING:
Requires training to be able to operate hand grinders and blasting equipment. Must be able to recognize a wide variety of surface defects and to select proper tool to remove defect.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequent use of easily developed physical skills to do free hand grinding in a number of ways to grind in hard-to-reach areas on forgings with irregular contours.
- Occasional heavy work when handling and turning heavy forgings.
- Has use of electric cranes and hoists for lifting and moving forgings.
- Close visual concentration required to observe all defects.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND POSSIBLE HAZARDS:
- Stands at bench holding hand grinder much of the time.
- May have to work in awkward, twisted positions on some grinding.
Current Pay Scale:
After 3 Months: 24.05
After 6 Months: 25.37
After 1 year: 28.75
This requisition is closed to applications.