With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Production Supervisor leads the manufacturing team to ensure department metrics are achieved in a safe, timely, quality, cost efficient and productive manner. Manages production schedules; is accountable for the achievement of area performance objectives, product quality, variable costs, productivity, and throughput. Will be a key driver in development of advanced methods and techniques to meet production goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for supervision of department employees including training, discipline, development and staffing recommendations.
- Provide the leadership for development and implementation of effective systems for improving internal and external quality, cost improvements, and on-time delivery to the customer requirements.
- Coordinate production with required schedules to meet customer requirements. Control flow of product, materials and utilization of labor throughout department.
- Directs and approves, following financial department guidelines, all requisitions for maintenance activities and purchase of department consumables.
- Effectively develop and coach employees with emphasis on building a winning team.
- Coordinate department priorities and communicate daily with the engineering, quality, production control, finance, human resources, other production areas and vendors.
- Effectively collaborate with manufacturing engineers to achieve scrap, cost and safety requirements.
- Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to the area to maximize productivity and minimize cost while achieving safety, quality and throughput targets.
- Review and plan for daily/ weekly/ quarterly labor, equipment, and supply requirements to achieve the departmental throughput while meeting and exceeding the productivity targets.
This position reports to the Operations Manager
SPECIAL SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge ERP systems.
- Interpersonal skills working comfortably with management and professional staff along with the hourly shop employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering preferred or 3 to 5 years of experience in Lieu of a degree.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive manufacturing leadership experience preferred and or responsibility in an investment casting environment
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Requires that the incumbent be highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Must have demonstrated abilities to lead people and get results through others, with excellent verbal and written communication skills or the ability to develop the skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, execute and deliver results in conformance with action plans.
PCC Groton offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k and paid time off.
PCC also has a generous bonus program. PCC is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Relocation is authorized for this position.