IT Support Engineer - Jenkintown, PA
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
IT support engineers are experts who offer technical support with hardware, software, and networking issues. To assist with software installations, network outages, hardware issues, and other IT-related problems, they operate on-site systems. Computer systems and networks are monitored and maintained with the assistance of an IT support engineer.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Find answers to hardware and software problems through research.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose software, networking, or hardware issues with clients in person.
- Update, maintain, and vigilantly use tools to monitor all facets of IT Systems.
- Install and configure computer systems and applications within the business.
- Answer consumer questions and assist in problem-solving and problem-resolution
- Create procedural documentation for staff to follow to encourage education and knowledge transfer.
- Help the management create training materials where needed.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all inquiries from clients or other workers regarding computer and system issues.
- Fill and organize documentation relating to hardware warranties and assets.
- Respond to client requests for IT support.
- Offer technical help on-site or through remote access systems.
- Present options that will satiate the client’s wants.
- Ensure positive client relationships.
- Monitor and control system documentation.
- Assemble incident reports if needed.
- Give customers timely and accurate feedback based on business priorities.
- Make sure every problem is properly logged in our ITIL ticketing system.
- Set priorities for and simultaneously handle multiple open issues.
- Check-in with clients to make sure their IT systems are completely operational after troubleshooting and resolution.
- Give accurate and timely reports.
- Create guides and notes to record technical information.
- Excellent decision making and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills including a high degree of skill in Office 365
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deliver results at short notice
- Excellent relational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to provide constructive feedback in a timely manner
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking ability
- Excellent time management skills
- 2-5 years of proven experience in computer science or IT Infrastructure support position.
Level of Education:
- Information technology, or a similar discipline as a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work related experience.
This requisition is closed to applications.