Heading Machine Operator - Level One 2nd/3rd Shift - Jenkintown, PA
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Founded in Jenkintown, PA in 1903 as Standard Pressed Steel Company, SPS Technologies continues to operate from the original 560,000 square foot facility.
SPS Technologies has been developing and manufacturing critical fasteners since the early days of aviation, working closely with its customers to meet the needs of an ever-changing industry.
Many of the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices that have become industry standards were pioneered by SPS Technologies. SPS Technologies continues to advance the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices of aerospace fasteners today to meet the unique needs of next generation vehicles and assembly techniques.
Level One: Level one heading machine operators work under direct supervision to interpret basic work instructions and safely operate basic heading machines that have been set up for production such as non-progressive cold headers to produce simple rivet components such as rivets and stems. Level one operators will also complete in process inspection duties using micrometers and calipers, etc. This role requires competencies in basic shop math, basic print reading and a basic mechanical aptitude. 0-1 years
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
- Adheres to quality processes including in-process inspection to ensure compliance with quality specifications.
- Correctly interpret work orders
- Lift up to 35lbs
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Work in a team environment, i.e. follow instructions and assist others as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- The ability to read and write English.
- The ability to perform basic shop math, fractions, decimals…
- The ability to use basic hand tools, wrenches, etc.
- The ability to use basic inspection tools such micrometers, calipers, comparators
- The ability to navigate intranet to locate process documents - basic computer skills
- The ability to read and interpret work instructions and basic prints and dimensions
Experience & Education
- Typically 0-1 Years
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.
Our organization has a responsibility to comply with all applicable requirements set forth by International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”, 22 CFR 120-130). As such, this position may have access to ITAR controlled information and must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States.