Die Shop Manager
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
This position is responsible for the overall performance of the Die Shop. Identify, obtain and coordinate resources to meet schedule requirements. The Die Shop cleans, repairs and inspects all dies and related tooling
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Evaluate procedures, work rules, systems, and affect improvement through defining expectations and needs and involving the organization in developing and implementing these improvements.
- Focus topics include productivity, quality, safety, housekeeping, maintenance, Technical advances, training and attendance.
- Drive repair schedule through both internal and external resources to meet production needs.
- Motivate employees to reach higher productivity rates and to improve quality.
- Manage union workforce to meet all safety, quality and production requirements.
- Reduce cycle time.
- Management education either MBA or minor undergraduate.
- Manufacturing experience required
- Broad range knowledge of business- purchasing, sales, engineering, and metallurgy.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Results driven and action oriented; analytical skills are key.
- Familiarity with metal manufacturing processes; closed die forging preferred
Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.