Met Lab Supervisor
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Manage metallurgical laboratory and personnel to meet needs of SMP and comply to applicable internal and external requirements.
- Manage alloy release and internal revert personnel to meet needs of SMP and comply to applicable internal and external requirements.
- Prepare and manage department 730 budget to meet budget plans and goals.
- Perform and coordinate audits, both internal and external, to monitor system and procedure compliance.
- Provide technical support for HIP, Heat Treat and Braze operations and vendors.
- Develop and maintain HIP, Heat Treat and Braze work instructions, material control data sheets and purchased material specifications.
- Improve quality and cost of incoming material working with suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- B.S. in Metallurgical Engineering or other technical discipline.
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- 5+ years quality experience preferred.
- Excellent communicator and capable of interacting with different levels of the organization.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
Relocation is authorized for this position.