Area Manager (Eastlake)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Area Manager will be responsible for the management, directing, and coordination of manufacturing operations for designated departments. Must ensure the achievement of production requirements, quality and reliability requirements, and on-time delivery at the lowest cost. These objectives will be achieved in part by delegating authority to Engineering, Information Systems, Purchasing, and motivating the production workforce. Responsible for and delivering results through Lean Manufacturing techniques, 6S, TOC, Six Sigma and problem solving.
- Responsible to safely manufacture a quality product while meeting customer specifications and delivery commitments
- Ensure adherence to process control procedures, operating instructions, and all quality control instructions
- Formulates long and short-range strategies for continuous improvements for all plant manufacturing functions
- Control quality, delivery, cost of production, work in process levels, and monitors production through planning
- Recommends and purchases new equipment for expansion, efficiency, cost reductions, quality or improvement
- Provide input on the design and installation of equipment for new manufacturing processes
- Ensure Cardinal Rules of Safety are followed at all times by every employee in the department
- Manage operational metrics including TOC, variable cost, and LU targets daily, weekly, and monthly
- Lead supervision team which includes hiring, performance evaluations, and talent development
- Maintains and enhances a team environment and motivates the production workforce
- Establish and execute annual operating budgets for department and meet the budget
- Develops manufacturing plans and maintains production schedules
- Controls cost to manufacture, work-in-process inventory, and thru-put
- Supervises allocation of material, manpower and equipment resources
- Other duties as assigned
- Successful experience in related production operations in supervision and management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, relentlessly execute and deliver results in conformance with action plans.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Willing to work flexible hours including off-shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed to meet production demands.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Strategic vision for new and future technology to support manufacturing and operational excellence.
- Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma Certification.
- Prefer background and experience with 6S implementation and management.
- Proven ability to work hands-on with the team to achieve objectives.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or related Engineering field. MS or MBA degree is desirable.
- Prefer 7+ years of experience in operations in a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive training in manufacturing processes, supervision, and operations management.
Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.