With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Product Engineer position is responsible for Product Engineering activities to support new product introduction, continuous improvement and manufacturing.
- Develops processes, defines controls, and institutes effective scrap elimination efforts on assigned parts.
- Maintain a high level of quality for product design.
- Write, issue, and continually update Engineering instructions
- Manage activities to stay on schedule for product release, while maintaining budgeted development and part costs.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities.
- Continuously evaluations/improves processes in order to maintain or improve upon budgeted yields.
- Conduct dimensional probability studies.
- Initiates, completes, and submit product qualifications
- Develop and implement part specific procedures
- Use statistical and graphical analysis techniques to disposition yield and dimensional elements of the casting process.
- Conceptual design of required tooling and coordination of detailed design and build with in house and outside tool rooms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability.
- Working knowledge of process control methods
- Demonstrated ability to develop & execute action plans that will deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- The ability to handle high stress associated with high activity with tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Proficiency in a major, industry standard 3D CAD software package
- Working knowledge of Zero Defect Program: PFMEA, Control Plan, Process Control
- Six sigma Certification preferred
- Proven experience in Manufacturing Industry.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Metallurgical, Materials or other related Engineering discipline.
- Hands-on experience in the airfoils investment casting industry a plus
Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.