Quality Engineer Level 1
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Located in Gardena California, Permaswage designs and manufactures separable and permanent fluid fittings and installation tooling for aerospace and defense applications.
The Quality Engineer will utilize a wide range of knowledge and professional skills to drive Quality Engineering and Continuous Improvement initiatives and projects. The candidate will be the focal point for interfacing Quality Assurance issues with internal and external customers/suppliers ensuring compliance to the appropriate requirements including non-conformance analysis and implementation of effective countermeasures.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be assigned to perform varying degrees of Quality Engineering activities and lead projects pertinent to Internal and Customer Quality Assurance under general guidance of Quality Assurance Management.
- Drive continuous defect reduction by collecting and analyzing quality-related data (yield, rework, and scrap) and facilitating problem-solving activities to process improvement.
- Conduct internal/supplier audits to ensure customer requirements, regulatory agencies, government regulations, and engineering specifications are properly met.
- Perform purchase order and contract reviews to ensure complete flow-down of requirements throughout various facets of the organization.
- Ensure continual compliance and improvement to the Quality Management System procedures and processes.
- Host client and regulatory audits, manage responses/resolution, and audit follow-up
- Perform Material Review Board (MRB) duties representing Quality Engineering
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Operations and Engineering to improve manufacturing process and develop methods to eliminate quality problems.
- Requires consistent exercise of discretion and independent judgment to perform assignments of a professional nature requiring application of quality engineering and related techniques.
- Other duties as assigned
- Six Sigma, and/or ASQ Certification is a plus.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering technical data, such as manufacturing or part drawings, to provide guidance to cross-functional teams.
- Significant experience working directly with customers and suppliers.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as, strong problem solving, organizational, project management and decision-making skills.
- Understand internal and external customer requirements with a high attention to detail in resolving findings
- Knowledge of aerospace quality standards including AS9100, AS9102, & ISO9001.
- Ability to process and effectively communicate information using MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Typically 1-5 Years
- Experience working in military or aerospace quality systems
Level of Education:
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Mechanical, or related field from an Accredited Institution required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.