Sr. Financial Analyst
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Develop and maintain various cost reporting systems to effectively measure and analyze financial and operational performance of the business unit. Participates in the development of financial data, budgets, forecasts and special reports for management. Partners with a wide range of functional areas within the operation. Position reports to the Controller.
- Perform as the financial partner for the operations team to help explain and improve various operational and financial metrics. Develop insightful reporting and identify areas of improvement.
- Develop department labor and overhead standards and FR standard costs.
- Prepare and coordinate monthly and quarterly plan forecasts for management review and submission.
- Assist in the monthly closing by reviewing and preparing various entries for departmental charges. Prepare statements for Flex P & L, variable, fixed, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining departmental budgets. This includes cost center structure, summaries and account numbers.
- Develop FR routing standards for new FR’s or revisions to FR standard costs.
- Review purchase requisitions involving department and capital project charges for proper approval, assign account distribution and sales tax classification.
- Setup and prepare monthly analysis/summaries of special areas of concern (e.g. maintenance costs, manufacturing labor, manpower and performance, EPA project costs, etc.)
- Drive continuous improvements to automate reports, increase process efficiency, and reduce manual work.
- Work with auditors concerning labor, overhead, standards cost, etc.
- Maintain daily summary cost records for manufacturing managers to compare actual cost to forecast projections.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Required Skills:
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Thorough understanding of systems analysis and procedure methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with close attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
- Skilled in advanced reporting and BI tools (Microsoft Power BI or similar)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in group/team settings.
- Ability to present information and data in an understandable and logical manner.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to document, plan, and execute programs.
- Experience in Manufacturing Industry.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in same or similar role.