Material Handler - Level One
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Performs manual and clerical shipping and receiving duties. Uses computer/MRP to track, log, verify, and report. Follows shipping practices and procedures, transportation routing, schedules, and related requirements. Packs or wraps finished products, raw stock, assemblies, parts, building materials, office supplies, equipment, etc. Verifies quantity, weight, and material conformance to stated identifications. Logs receipts into system, process freight bills, packing sheets, and other documents. Reports materials shipped and bills of lading. Posts weight and shipping charges and routes goods.
- Prepare flight-packaged parts, kits, and materials for shipment
- Stage and prepare shipping materials, crates, and pallets
- Prepare non-flight goods
- Prepare shipping paperwork including verifying documentation, packaging conformance to product requirements, shipper manifest and bills of lading
- Load and unload delivery trucks including verifying package and parts counts, package and/or content damage, completeness of paperwork, and proper disposal of spent packaging materials
- Complete shipping/receiving reports
- Support audits, lean, and quality initiatives as required
- Familiarize oneself with Primus processes and procedures including applicable MRP, Inventory System, and Business Quality Management System (BQMS) procedures as applicable
- Perform other duties as assigned
This requisition is closed to applications.