With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Manufacturing Engineer will direct and implement engineering strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of plant goals. He will develop and maintain business plans and performance criteria to ensure department effectiveness and efficiencies
- Provides technical direction in the design, development, test and manufacturing of precision parts.
- Forecasts resource requirements in a timely manner and allocates assigned resources according to priorities and resources.
- Provides continuous surveillance to all manufacturing operations; ensures constant application of effort to control and reduce costs; recommends improvement in CNC programming, methods, processes, and materials; ensures compliance with engineering drawings, specifications and change orders..
- Estimates, analyzes and assess critical issues and resources requirements for tool development projects.
- Ensures continual monitoring of the programming process to ensure that the program systems are working to achieve goals and objectives and maintains standards and best practices.
- Analyzes methods and manufacturing process problems to determine root cause and corrective actions to facilitate continuous improvements.
- Works closely with QA department in establishing and administering test and inspection programs and procedures to ensure that all products released for final delivery meet established standards of quality and reliability.
- Establishes and maintains safety operations by adhering to procedures and policies.
- Must have operational excellence experience
- Must have engineering experience, preferably in aerospace
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality controls, and costs
- Understand/use techniques for effective control of delivered quality, cost, and schedule in the processing of aerospace products
- Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people, material, and equipment resource allocation; corporate and human resource policies and benefits; leadership; teaming; and production methods
- Thorough knowledge of lean manufacturing work area practices including 5-S, Visual Controls, Standard Work, work center metrics, and continuous improvement processes and able to instruct others in these practices
- Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
- Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels
- Able to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Materials, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering. Equivalent experienced considered.
5+ years related operational experience
This requisition is closed to applications.