Supply Chain Manager – Master Scheduler - Jenkintown, PA
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC / SPS is a Top Aerospace Company in the industry, providing complex fasteners to commercial and military customers. We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join our team. This role will play a vital part in supporting our operations to ensure we meet our customer and budget requirements. It is a high visibility role with future growth within the site.
- Develops and deploys a level loaded production schedule that meets the daily, weekly, and quarterly sales budget and customer requirements
- Facilitates daily and weekly production meetings to ensure optimal run based on customer due date and machine utilization. Working with operations, planning, and tooling
- Leads SIOP process for the value stream. Focusing on rough cut capacity analysis and SIOP modeling to generate actions to improve customer OTD
- Coaches and trains schedulers and water spiders on WIP movement and linkage to ensure machines do not run out of work.
- Facilitate scheduling boards and dispatch walks
- Ensure scheduling health is measured and is visual to ensure optimal run and adherence from operations
- Create and maintain a valid capacity requirement plan, supporting the Master Schedule. Review capacity performance and recommend necessary changes as needed.
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement by using best practice implementation to improve scheduling excellence
- Conduct data analytics and root cause analytics on past due, schedule health and operational start time
- Works with planning and procurement to ensure budget and customer requirements are met.
- Ensure weekly schedules at the department level equate to the ESH and TOC needs (scheduling health)
- Works with all levels of employees throughout the organization as necessary and has schedulers and water-spiders reporting into this position.
- Develops a working knowledge of the parts and process to ensure optimal master scheduling stability, rescheduling and load leveling.
- Ensure system parameters used are correct to achieve the desired machine utilization and inventory levels this includes lot size, safety stock, capacity, lead-time order policy, forecast, etc.
- Drive improvement and standardization across the supply chain.
- Manage the activities, performance, development, and capability of the scheduling team. Develops a high performing scheduling team which challenges operations to meet customer needs
- Responsible for maintaining accurate WIP inventory counts and maintaining minimum WIP inventory levels sufficient to meet customer and production needs.
Required Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree: supply chain management (BSME, BSEE) or other related degree preferred.
- APICS CPIM is preferred.
- Excellent demonstrated analytical critical thinking and strategic skills.
- Demonstrated experience with the use of the SIOP process and demonstrated use of modeling and improvement
- Ability to perform multifaceted projects in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong information technology skill and aptitude. Experience with MRP systems, Microsoft office application primary excel
- Exceptional organizational skills. Must be able to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- More than 3 years of progressive hands-on high volume manufacturing production control experience.
- Experience leading people and obtaining results through others, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and ability to apply lean principles in a fast-paced machining environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- High level of application in using scheduling systems and organizational development
Relocation is authorized for this position.