Human Resources Co-op (Summer 2023)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The co-op student will be working on job assignments related to their functional human resources discipline. These increasingly challenging assignments will provide foremost an effective learning assignment and then a sound intellectual and/or financial return for the PCC organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit qualified candidates for all hourly and non-exempt salaried positions to meet plant production requirements. Maintain tracking and reporting system.
- Build and maintain all hourly and non-exempt salaried employee files. Communicate with payroll, training and divisional headquarters as required.
- Keeping ADP up to date and accurate as well as maintaining employee timecard and badge systems.
- Manage company relationships with temporary recruiting firms and Ohio Bureau of Employment Services consistent with organizational goals and ethical practices.
- Utilizing best recruiting practices, reduce plant turnover and overall recruiting costs.
- Assist with administering hourly and salary benefit programs including orientation, registration, records keeping, communication and problem troubleshooting.
- Administer employee welfare programs including logo clothing, holiday party and luncheon, staff cookout.
- Maintain positive employee relations by cooperating with customers, co-workers and management.
- Perform other duties as are designated by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of human resources discipline
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Good writing skills and interpersonal skills
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
Full-time student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree or MBA in Human Resources
Must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
Student will spend majority of time in the office, but will be expected to have some plant floor presence.
Minimal travel may be required.
- Given top priority for future co-op rotations and full time positions.
- Paid Holidays
Mentor is located about 20 minutes east of Cleveland, OH.