Surface Finish Lead- SSBO[Internal Only](Portland, OR)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Job Title: SSBO Department 106 (SSBO Surface Finish Lead)
Shift: Swing Shift
Work Schedule: Tuesday- Saturday
Supervisor: Justin Seabaugh
The SSBO Department 106 (SSBO Surface Finish Lead will be responsible for providing leadership necessary to promote teamwork, continuous improvement, and fluidity within the department all while ensuring that quality, safety, and production requirements are met. The following is in addition to regular assigned duties.
- Requires and promotes safety first for all employees
- Must participate in all 6s and continuous improvement activities/events as well as maintain daily checklist sign-offs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge in the use of MS Word and MS Excel
- Prioritizes work and shift setup in accordance to production requirements
- Facilitates department scheduling
- Able to train employees and ensure work instructions are met
- Ensure that employees have necessary tools to complete required tasks
- Promotes a harassment free environment for all employees, contractors, and staff
- Able to work with limited direct supervision
- Works well under pressure
- Must have good organization and people skills
- Flexible on shift adjustment if necessary, for business purposes
- Promotes process control within department and takes action to determine corrective action when needed
- Acts as maintenance point of contact for onsite vendors
- Actively works to track and reduce downtime of equipment
- Assist in the tracking and maintaining maintenance tools
- Facilitates and communicates on preventative maintenance program adjustments
- Handles first line performance issues and notifies supervision when further action is required to improve performance
- Notifies appropriate party/parties when down production equipment is likely to effect thru-put
- Previous experience as a group, team, or area leader
- Understanding of SSBO/SSB1 system requirements
- Able to coordinate/plan long- and short-term production goals
- Demonstrated history of accurate documentation
- Demonstrated history of professional conduct with customers (Outside Vendors and PCC Employees)
- Actively working in Department 106 (SSBO Surface Finish)
- Must have less than 4 unexcused absences
- Must not be on a written step 2 or higher within the last 12 months
This requisition is closed to applications.