Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Avibank Manufacturing, Inc., a PCC Company, apart of the Engineered Products Group, is among the world's leading manufacturers specializing in the design and production of sophisticated fasteners and multi-component fastening systems and devices, solving difficult engineering and critical performance problems.
We have integrated teams working together to respond to customers needs from conception to development to product integration. Avibank is dedicated to continuous process improvement within and outside the PCC Corporation. Avibank and the PCC organization build customer alliances upon the highest ethical standards.
Avibank is a major supplier to commercial airlines with Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) from the FAA. We supply products used in a variety of applications in a diverse range of industries including aircraft, aerospace, automotive, marine, communications, railway, computers, medical equipment, and many others.
North Hollywood, CA 91605
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Responsible for collaboration and consultation with senior Business and Division management on HR and Employee Relations (ER) aspects of operations and business strategy, including design and achievement of workforce management and workforce development objectives.
- Collaborates with operations management on talent development initiatives to develop the leadership competencies of front-line supervisors and the senior leadership team.
- Drives a healthy conflict management process throughout the business, including consulting, providing training and conducting investigations. According to circumstances, may provide guidance and recommendations, implementation and follow-up on conflict resolution strategies.
- Responsible for all facets of the performance management processes, talent assessment and talent differentiation processes, work sampling and, if necessary, discipline and termination action. Ensure all actions comply with positive leadership strategy, company policy and procedure, employment law and regulations.
- Responsible for development and implementation of new/changed policies and procedures and compliance with changing employment law and regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to recruiting, employment and labor law, employee relations, training, policy development and compliance, worker’s compensation, training, EEOC compliance and reporting, compensation, and performance management.
- Responsible for investigating legal claims and coordinating charge responses.
- Responsible for preparation and control of annual budgets.
- Responsible for consulting with senior leadership on all facets of the development and implementation of cost effective and competitive benefits plans, propose effective alternatives which support Company and HR strategy for attracting and retaining high performance work force.
- Responsible for consulting with managers and supervisors on all facets of a comprehensive total compensation strategy including development and implementation of cost effective and competitive wages and benefits. Propose effective alternatives that support Company and HR strategy for attracting and retaining a high-performance work force.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and a progressive Human Resources career within a related industry (heavy industrial manufacturing/aero-space/plant environment).
- 5 plus years of increasing experience and responsibility, including prior human resource leadership/management
- Advanced degree in a related field and/or MBA is a plus, not a requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities using effective problem solving / resolution skills and a positive team focus.
- Brings a consultative style and broad base of knowledge to various issues and subjects. Possesses good judgment and wisdom.
- A strong work ethic and sense of urgency; committed to achieving quality results in a timely manner through appropriate attention to detail with a “hands on,” pro-active, and disciplined approach.
- Strong business acumen and ability to contribute to business strategy and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to take risks, make independent decisions and evaluate talent.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills including the ability to effectively coach leaders, build relationships and leverage resources within the function and across the organization to advance business strategy.
- Demonstrated success driving difficult change in a highly complex organization to advance business strategy.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Courageous, tough minded, savvy interpersonal skills, appropriately pushes back and challenges the status quo.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization.
- Strong HR Generalist skills.
- Demonstrated excellent project management skills
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.