Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Airfoils LLC has the advantage of being the leader in the production of airfoils for aircraft engines and of capturing a growing share of the market for Industrial Gas Turbine castings. Several new state-of-the-art casting furnaces were recently installed in PCC Airfoils’ facilities along with new ceramic dip lines to handle the increased volume. The dip lines feature the most advanced technology available to ensure process repeatability, improving yields and facilitating on-time product delivery.
• Establishes or recommends to management major economic strategies, objectives and policies for the company. Acts to link/align the major business functions to profitability, growth and cash flow.
• Prepares timely and comprehensive reports including analysis of financial data, statements, and audits covering sales, earnings, profits, working capital, cash balances and other financial metrics based on past, present and expected operations.
• Assist in the preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justifications. Monitors approved budgets on a monthly basis, providing guidance and assistance where needed to management.
• Assists sales/marketing and manufacturing functions in matching financial capability of company assets and resources to the forecast for sales/shipments as well as analyzing margins and recommending actions to improve items not meeting overall objectives of company.
• Manages financial and SOX audits with internal and external auditors and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
• Acts as business unit Ethics Officer regarding compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and oversees all internal controls.
• Assists management with negotiation and review of Long Term Agreements with customers.
• Serves as advisor to and strategic partner with the General Manager of the business, assisting in most decisions related to forecasts, key position hiring, new initiatives to exploit potential profit improvement opportunities, setting of plant policies and procedures, and other avenues in pursuit of operational excellence.
• Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures. Design, establish and maintain an organizational structure and staffing that effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
• Leverage strengths of the current Finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
• Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong background in product cost Accounting (standard cost system) and experience in plant accounting/finance systems including strong understanding in the use of Excel.
• GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley knowledge is required. Track-record of improving internal controls is highly valued.
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and profitability and variance analysis.
• A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker with solid problem solving skills, which allows for strategic data interpretation vs. simple reporting.
• Experience presenting to highest levels of management with confidence and precision.
• Solid, overall business acumen and a strong mindset for continuous improvement.
• Attention to detail and an attitude of 100% compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
• Work requires verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
• High energy level and ability to work flexible hours.
• Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Statistical Process Control
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
• Established project management skills
• Proven leadership in Fasteners, Aerospace, or Automotive type Industry
This requisition is closed to applications.