2nd shift Manufacturing Supervisor
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Implement lean manufacturing methods (6S, flow, visual organizations, etc.)
- Ensure that manufacturing documentation, procedures and protocol are followed at all times.
- Monitor scrap, yield and part efficiencies on existing programs to ensure achievement of budget targets.
- Weekly or bi-weekly employee communications meetings.
- Drive a culture of safety, quality, and teamwork
- Manage team to meet daily schedule, throughput targets, and customer satisfaction
- Assist with managing employee performance and increase team engagement
- Work closely with Area Manager to increase productivity / reduce variable cost
- Improve machine utilization through setup reduction and enhanced scheduling
- Drive safety projects and actions as required
- Manage cost reduction projects
- Act as Subject Matter expert on machinery and procedures
- Perform operation of equipment to produce parts and meet quality standards on a as need basis
- Perform housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean and orderly workstation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in technical/business preferred but not required
- Demonstrated accomplishments in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated accomplishments in leadership accomplishments
- 2-5 years of manufacturing experience (2+ years of lead/supervisory experience)
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Ability to analyze production data and develop solutions
- High visible energy, sense of urgency, and ownership
- Effective communication skills to employees and upper management team
- Ability to manage high performance teams
- Ability to manage several tasks and priorities at a time
- Metal extrusion and CNC Lathe experience
This requisition is closed to applications.