Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 35 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 5500 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Noranco, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK, and China.
Progressive was founded and incorporated in 1971 in Arlington, Texas. Heroux-Devtek Inc. purchased Progressive in 2004 who helped to expand the site which has doubled its manufacturing footprint and more than doubled sales and employee base. In August 2012, Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) acquired Progressive, and is now one of the largest footprints within the Aerostructures Division of PCC.
Predominantly, a provider for large, highly complex machined parts, kits and assemblies for OEMs and large Tier One providers for both military and commercial market segments. Progressive Incorporated is now a 271,000 square foot facility.
- Understand, adhere, and demonstrate to the company’s commitment to QUALITY and SAFETY!
- Production Support (Process Improvements, Special Assignments/Projects, Troubleshooting, Tooling, etc.)
- Program Management/Marketing Support (i.e. Providing Quotes or Estimates)
- Quality Assurance Support (Support QA Functions, Process Improvements, Process Validation, etc.)
- Assembly Support (Process Improvements, Tool Development, Flow Analysis, etc.)
- Customer Interaction (Data Collection, Downloads & Requests, Engineering Reviews and Discussions, etc.)
- Supplier Interaction (Problem Mitigation, Data Support, Development, etc.)
- Lead the development of FMEAs and Process Flows.
- Reinforce the idea and culture of continuous improvement and motivate ideas for pipeline improvement projects.
- Partner with Quality to ensure products are manufactured according to requirements and specifications, as well as, adhering to Quality Manual and AS9100 Rev D requirements.
- Partner with Program Management and Production Control to ensure commitments are met for product delivery.
- Partner with Planning and operations to ensure parts are planned and completed in accordance with customer engineering design.
- Confirm and verify, when necessary, production documentation includes the required tools and specific operator instructions associated with their use.
- May occasionally perform special projects;
- Maintaining regular and punctual attendance according to shift-times or a pre-arranged work schedule.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- 3-5 Years of Manufacturing Experience
- 1-2 Years of Experience in the Aerospace or Automotive Industry Preferred
- BS in Industrial, Manufacturing, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering
- Must have the knowledge, skill, and ability to meet expectations for required competencies in position, which includes: 1) safety, health, and environmental awareness, 2) business ethics and compliance, 3) technical/professional competence and quality & time management, 4) interpersonal relations and communication skills, 5) initiative, flexibility, innovation, and adaptability, 6) continuous improvement and problem solving, and 7) planning and organizing. [See performance evaluation form]
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline.
- Ability to interact professionally with customers, suppliers, and fellow team members.
- Be willing to research, evaluate and train new process methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point);
- Well-developed verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates prioritization and planning skills.
This requisition is closed to applications.